Monday, October 1, 2012

Run log 9/24-9/30

Sep 24th

7  mi EZ around gym. Felt fast after a hard weekend's runs. Ate like crap on Sunday night, just was jonesen' for some ice cream all day long and had to scratch the itch. It certainly manifested itself after work as it dissapated into the atmosphere as entropy and other forms.
Upper body medley
Sep 25th
AM- lunges, deads, squats, some pullups, calves. Upped the weight on everything. Have to do this every week a little bit as my lifting has platued for a while now.
PM- Picatinny 12 miler hill interval course.. nailed this one I've been doing for years and possibly my PR for it, even with now running almost all grass the entire time and combining short hill sections on the way down. Basically always start flat for a mile, a steep hard grade, slight grade section, flat for a mile, a longer hill mile, back down and part of it back up, a 1.75 less steep but longer hill, a wraparound section, followed by down the large hill but springing back up at .25 mile intervals 8x. All this is done at my tempo effort striving for 8/10 the whole time. 7:34 pace for 1,129 ft gain total.
Sep 26th 
Speedwork sandwich. 4 hill sprints as last week, performed generally the same but on tireder legs from a hard hard effort yesterday, added a flat sprint for the 5th interval. 
3 mi WU
Four 1/4 mile sprints up a @8-10% grade, recovery down.
Splits up: 7:48, 7:25, 7:30, 7:35 min/mi
Flat interval. Forgot the time probably around 80-85 sec.
2 mile CD
Hindu's & dips and shoulder presses. Need to add weight to dips to build up strength. Not for running but I really am going to look at improving upper body functional strength without making it too time consuming, running volume and intensity always takes front stage.
Sep 27th
10 miles around Tourne near Denville, modearet pace to save legs for Saturday's 50k. Pushed on the hill sections, did mostly trail but added 4-5 miles of Mountain Lakes nieghborhood hills which ends up being my winter route when it gets too dark to do tempos on the technical trails.
2X50 BW squats. Core, Abs.
Sep 28th
OFF! Nadas working out. Felt antsy all day it was the first sedentary day in over a month. Had sushi with friends in West Orange. Damn that was good stuff, gotta find the name- Kim's Sushi. Tiny joint. Awesome.

Sep 29nd
Mountain Madness 50k in 5:04. They did it in reverse this year supposedly it was harder. Blew way past my goal pace of 10/mile. Ran the whole thing, and the mistake was getting complacent in the end thinking I had 3rd place and $75 bucks in the bag. All of a sudden 1.5 miles from the end 4th place sprinted past me! Turns out he knew he was 6 min behind and ran his ass off to catch and overcome me. What an effort to blast out that far from the finish, kudos!
Sep 30th 15.4 mi at my folks place near Allentown, PA to help them move stuff. Love doing this mostly flat with some long climbs route that starts from my parents, goes into and through the Little Lehigh Parkway, some neighborhoods, and back. Makes a relatively moderate 20 miler no prob. Got some cold hail passing over which felt fantastico,
2x50 BW squats. Pullups, leg raises abs and such.
Total (running) mileage: 84 miles. Light for the week but this was my planned lighter week in liue of 90-100/week lately which back to back is a sudden ramp-up from the Leadville DNF. Haven't missed a long run since then and I am not crashing so keeping it going. Hope to pull off another 100+ this coming week even though I signed up last minute for Oill Creek 100 on the 13th. It will only confirm for me that I might not benefit from long tapers after all, I am suspecting since my past 2 week's races went great with high volume the past month.
September mileage: 420 miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment