Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run log 9/17-9/23


Sep 17th - Sep 23th
Sep 17th
4.3 mi moderate @work
6 mi EZ around gym
Upper body medley

Sep 18th
AM- lunges, deads, squats, some pullups, abs, core
Skipped calves in lieu of race week (Virgil Crest 50M)

PM- Torrential downpour, tornado warnings, wussed out and skipped the outdoor run for some treadmill action- haven’t tested my treadmill climb running fitness in a while. Felt strong on these- not completely tapped by the end like a few months back.
1% at 8 min/mile
3% at 8 min/mile
4% at 8 min/mile
5% at 8 min/mile
2% at 8 min/mile
4% at 8 min/mile
5% at 8 min/mile
40 sec break to reset treadmill (only allowed 60 min of time on it at the gym)
6% at 8 min/mile
2% at 7:30 for .50 mile, 7:00 min/mile for .50 mile
2% at 8 min/mile
Sep 19th
AM- 3 mi moderate at work
PM-
2 mi WU
Four 1/4 mile sprints up a @8-10% grade, recovery down.
Splits up: 7:48, 7:25, 7:30, 7:35 min/mi
2 mile CD
Sep 20th
8.1 miles around my apartment, moderate to push pace (7:50).
2X47 BW squats.
Sep 21st
4 mi EZ at work to stay loose for Saturday. Upper body at gym.

Sep 22nd
Virgil Crest 50M in 9:35. Around 51 miles, about 11,000 gain. Only 10-15 minutes of non moving time. Strived to spend no more than a minute at all the aid stations just to grab a gel and refill my handheld or hip bottle, only needed to hit the woods twice, and added a mile of climbing due to taking a wrong turn a couple of times. The leader ran 8:57- I think I could have caught him if I had no stops. Ran 90%, including most of the Green peak except the very steep portions. Felt very strong throughout. I attribute this to high volume lately (90-100 miles/week), losing a little tubby, and possibly the recent addition of speedwork. Hardly tapered or rested at all this week. If I chose to do the 100M would have had over 14 hours on the 2nd 50 miles to get sub-24. Not gonna lie I wished I had brought my checkbook. This race was so much fun and I didn’t feel like I was overly struggling at all the whole time. Didn’t really carb load the day before- woke up 13 minutes before the race unregistered, and at a breakfast gel miles in. So much for the whole carb loading thing. I guess failing at Leadville put a fire under my buttocks. Look ahead to taking my fitness as far as it can go in the next year.
Sep 23rd
10 mi patriots path. Achilles a little tight in the beginning but felt good and ready for a new week. 6 days till Mountain Madness 50k!
2x50 BW squats (Finally hit that 50!). Pullups, front and side crunches
Doing pushups daily now, at least 110-120 every other day.

Total (running) mileage: 103 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment