Sunday, October 21, 2012

Run log 10/15-10/21

Kind of an uneventful week. Highlights a time-guess hash meetup run, attempting a lifting session 3 days after a 100 miler, and accidentally discovering a sweet section of the Appalachian Trail. Wanted a light week, as light as possible, to fully recover for another high volume high-intensity cycle to swish me into the New Year and start strong in '13 (Dang! I remember New Year's 1999 so clearly, even that it was a clear night and the moon was half-waned (check on this)).

Oct. 15th

My legs were fatigued but not much soreness. Main problem was walking due to very,very tight and almost torn achilles and bruised right heel. This made running stupid for today. Just did some stairclimber and bike EZ, and even that hurt a little on the back heel. But it really flushed something out because I felt superb the next day.
 
Upper body work/core/abs

Oct. 16th

Was debating running but it's been a tradition after 100 milers for a EZ 8 on the tuesday following, so I went for it with my Trail Minimus. New Balance really hit the nail with these, I've had 'em for 18 months now and they are falling apart except for the parts that matter- attached to my foot. I love using them for pacing and natural runs, and they seem to be therapeutic for the legs, aligning the tendons up just right. Barefoot, there has to be something to it. EZ 8 done.
 
Oct. 17th

Lifing session PM. Did my circuit as usual (squats, dead,s lunges, calf raises with weights, back extensions) but with less weight and less sets. Man, I was still sore I guess. I felt a little cramping here and there but nothing popped or left me on the floor, just hard. Did some core to swing back into that, and

TM 5 mi just to loosen up.

Upper body work, core

Oct.18th

3 miles on Pica hills after work. Feet a little weary but excited to be feeling okay,

5 miles prediction run with Highland Hashers. Went for :43 flat and got :42:10. Was working hard on the small hill sections and speeded up a little too much at the end, 50 seconds is close for a course I've only done twice before, but not good enough for even top 3 guesses, and needed to at least sniff a beer in the pub afterwards to nurse my downtrodden ego.

Oct. 19th

Upper body work at gym, 45 minutes stationary bike. Looking ahead to Novemeber when I'm no longer a memeber of any gym, just need to buy a little squat rack and a dumbell and some plates and everything I need is in my apartment.

Oct. 20th

In search of organic farms up in near Vernon, NJ I found a new spot to park at the AT, AND a sweet hill climb! Had hikers in awes of my amatuer east coast climbing skills. One hiker commented on how my ankles must be trained well to run downhill on a rocky slope 20-25% grade. Thanks lad, never thought about it lately but I used to really hurt my ankles from this shit. Now I gotta do it at least every week to maintain it. Would hate to lose it. Did 5 out and back in 2:15, 2:25 if counting the stops to take some great fall foliahhge pics. Still fatigued from last weekend and some hip wierdness, but I am happy to be still standing word.
 
Oct. 21st

Last week 100 miles, this week 6.2 on mostly flat up at Allamuchy - Cranberry Lake area.

2 x 53 Bodyweight squats, pullups, abs

TOTAL WEEKLY RUNNING MILEAGE: 37 MILES

No comments:

Post a Comment