Monday, October 8, 2012

Run log 10/1-10/8

Oct. 1st

5 mi EZ lunch break at work. Getting less and less of these oppurtunities lately, at least for a full 5 so always take the chance to get out in the middle of the day. Actually makes me way more alert in the afternoon.
Upper body medley- decided to quit the gym membership this week, I don't use 95% of the stuff at the gym, go to no classes, and have the weights I need in my aprtment. Only thing left I would lack is heavy deadlifts and back extensions- no big loss. Even if I went and spent a fortune on more equipment for my "home gym" it would save me already 9 months from now.

6.2 around Mine Hill
Oct. 2nd
AM- lunges, deads, squats, some pullups, calves. Upped the weight on everything- more than usual. Prob did it too hard this week as I was running late and pushing to get all the exercises in. Taking off lifting lower body next week to be overly fresh for the Oil Creek 100.
PM- off. No running today to kick off the taper, lifting was enough.
Oct. 3rd
Upper body stuff at gym, mainly shoulder presses dips and pushup variations. Abs and core using this stability ball pull towards your stomach with hands on the ground exercise I saw online. Felt it good in the lower abs.

10 miles easy around the area. Got some decent hills in but no intensely.
Oct 4th
11 miles Tourne trails doing my usual route plus some added hill repeats I haven't done before. My pace was overall slower than the last couple weeks, partly b/c of the hills but I think I am in need of a good recovery. The next week luckily is the 100 so just a few jogs will do to freshen back up and have some speed again.

5 miles with Highland hashers. Firs trun with this group, a few speedsters mostly guys training for marathons and ran with Andrew who is very good- it was a push and got me a good 16 for the day.
2X52 BW squats. Core, Abs.
Oct 5th

Abs-core, 5 miles TM EZ

Oct 6th

14 mi Highlands Trail mostly. Last longish run before 100. Went to the highland trail from yellow and pumped out some serious hill work, felt like I was working hard but only got 14:30 pace for the whole 14 ~3650ft g/l. I definitely need some rest. Many sections were almost unrunnable rocky on the first .75 miles from the start on the yellow trail.
Oct 7th

4 miles in Allentown.
Total (running) mileage: 60 miles. Glad I decided on this semi-taper week to allow rest to give me fitness instead of chasing another 100 mile week. I look forward to having a very well rested race next Saturday- I've tended to over do the few weeks before so this will be inviting. Probably will gain a few pounds because I'm not that good at calorie restriction but will keep it to mainly fruit and V8.

TOTAL RUNNING MILEAGE: 60 MI

No comments:

Post a Comment